Finding Joy In the Journey...

Finding joy in the journey!

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Big girl!

I am a very happy mommy right now :)

Alexis slept in her BIG girl bed last night. 
....(the crib)....

I know, I know... she will be 6 months old this month isn't it about time??...but for some reason moving her into her own BIG crib made me sad. Maybe I thought it would make her grow up too fast. 

I loved the thought of my tiny, new little baby sleeping right next to me...but to be honest she was getting SO long she didn't fit very well in the bassinet anymore.

Not to mention that tiny little mattress was getting uncomfortable to sleep on.
We have been working with her for the past couple of days and last night was the first successful night!
She slept all night and I think it was a lot more comfortable for her.
She is getting so big! 
When she woke up Nate got her a bottle and handed it to her. She grabbed onto it, stuck it in her mouth and drank the whole thing all by herself...
I couldn't believe it! She is getting so big, way too fast. 
I then snuggled her all wrapped up and rocked her just so I could remember that she is still my baby.
after about 30 seconds she arched her back and wanted to play...

Lexi is changing everyday. I can't believe how a tiny little baby can be so darn smart. 
We are in love with her and have never been so happy. 

I guess one little fact makes me feel better when I see her growing...

...she will always be my baby, no matter what! 

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel bad, it took me until Graham was 6 months old to have him sleep in his crib. He was way too big for his bassinet by then too! It's really hard to have your little baby sleep in their own room. I couldn't sleep for the first few days, but you get used to it quick. It makes it fun in the morning when you can go in & pick them up & love them :)

    ReplyDelete