The month of March seemed to fly by for our family. I can't believe how fast time goes when you have two children to take care of. I am also looking back through these pictures and can't believe how much my little Nixon has changed.
Nixon turned 1 month old on March 9th. He really is the best little baby. I am so grateful for that, because his big sister takes up a LOT of my time. This little boy has grown right out of newborn clothes and fits nice and comfortable in 3 month size! He beats his sister big time when it comes to gaining weight! I am actually loving my little chub baby :) It's nice to know he is growing and healthy. He is getting better at sleeping. He gives me about 4 hour stretches most nights. He doesn't cry much and when he needs something he just gives me little grunts. (Such a boy!)
His blue eyes are so darling :) I can thank Nate for that little contribution! I really hope they stay blue!
Nixon at 1 month old
We had a lot of fun with Easter being this month. Our play group had a big Easter egg hunt for the kids. Lexi knew just what to do and found lots of eggs. She ate all of her candy before we even left the park. Her mouth was full of jelly beans in this picture! Poor Nix along for the ride :) I think it was a bit bright outside for his little eyes.
Lexi actually got this dress for her 1st birthday. She FINALLY fit into it. It was fun to see her running around in spring colors picking up the eggs. Loving this time of year here in AZ...I'm trying to soak it up before it gets too hot! Almost every time she bent down to pick up an egg she would dump the eggs in her basket out on the grass. She didn't seem to mind! She thought it was great!
The Easter bunny came to our house on saturday the day before Easter.
He left Lexi and Nixon lots of fun prizes in their easter baskets. Lexi even got to go on an easter egg hunt around the family room.
We had family in town for Nixon's blessing day. So she had a big audience during her egg hunting. She loves having both sets of Nanny's and Grandpa's playing with her. She LOVED the attention. My cute brother Stephen also got to visit.
Showing off her puppy purse
I love this picture.
Grandpa Ray meeting Nixon for the first time.
Nixon's middle name is Ray. It means so much to us for Nixon to carry on a family name.
His grandpa is such an amazing man. I am excited to teach Nixon about his name and let him know he was named after his grandpa. We loved the name and knew it fit just perfectly. Nate's middle name is also Ray. Love that they will share something so special.
Those cheeks :)
We blessed Nixon on Easter sunday.
It was perfect.
We loved having family and friends come share his special day with us. It was the perfect reminder of how special eternal families are. We are so grateful for the knowledge that Christ lives and loves each of us. Nate did a great job on Nixon's blessing. We couldn't be happier to have him join our little family. We are thankful for all of our many blessings, especially the blessing of a new baby.
Mommy and Nixon
So in love with this little man. So grateful that he is mine.
Nate is the best dad. He really is. He gives everything to his children. I am so in love with him and I'm thankful I found him. I couldn't imagine my life without him. This picture brings me such joy. I can't wait to watch Nixon learn from his daddy and grow into a great man just like him!
Bartholomew Grandparents on Nixon's blessing day :)
Forsyth Grandparents on Nixon's blessing day!
I wanted to get a few pictures of Alexis in her beautiful Easter dress... by the time I got around to it she had been running around with friends and rolling around on all the couches. At least I got a few!
She wouldn't smile... but I think she looks beautiful anyway!
Easter 2013
So lady like :) haha
I can't get her to stay still for longer than 2 seconds. This is what most of the pictures looked like.
It actually captures her personality perfectly :) I love seeing this smiling girl.
So grateful for her.
It was such a wonderful day. One I will cherish forever. Thanks to everyone who helped make it special. Especially both of my mom's...I couldn't have pulled it off without you!!!
Hope you all had a happy Easter! :)










Love this post! And I have to say, you're always gorgeous anyway, but that first picture of you and Nixon at his blessing is just beautiful!
ReplyDeleteIt was a great day! Thanks for letting us be a part of it! I am so happy for you and your cute little family! That picture of you and Nixon is priceless!!!! You look absolutley stunning!!!!! Glad your families could come share the day (well Gpas and Gmas)!
ReplyDelete