Finding Joy In the Journey...

Finding joy in the journey!

Saturday, April 27, 2013


Our routine as of lately has been a bit repetitive. 
Daddy goes to school and mommy hangs out with the kiddos!

We have been working on a few things though.

Poor Alexis has had it rough the past few weeks. We are trying to cut some "baby" habits and to be honest I feel super guilty! Lexi's most LOVED comfort is the BINK. I think it is safe to say she is somewhat attached/obsessed. We were on a walk a few weeks ago and as we were walking over the bridge in our apartment complex she dropped her bink into the water. The giant goldfish had a hay day trying to eat Lexi's bink. As she watched them all attack she got huge tears in her eyes and spent a good 10 min on the edge of the water crying for her bink to come back. Pretty much traumatized the poor girl! We couldn't go over the bridge without her turning around in a panic saying "OH NO!! Fishies ate Lexi's bink, uh oh!!" throughout the day she would come up to me and repeat this over and over. This event really stuck with her! 

Well because Nixon takes a binky now, Lexi gets confused and sometimes will suck on his. I thought it was a good time to tell her that bink's are for babies and she is a big girl now. I heard to cut the end of the binky off. I guess this makes it feel funny and they will stop sucking on it. I was told it was an easy way to stop binky habits... boy was I wrong!

You thought the fish story was traumatizing... cutting the end of her favorite thing on earth was a GIANT mistake. She cried and cried "bink broke mama" talk about tearing my heart out!!! We made it through one nap time and that was it. 

Her face is so confused....

I decided to cut it out slowly. She is no longer aloud to have bink during the day and can only have him in her bed. So far so good. Maybe one day soon we can eliminate it from bed time but I love my precious sleep and seriously how can you say no to those big teary eyes?!

I am so grateful that Lexi loves Nixon so much. She asks to hold him at least a couple of times a day. She smothers him in kisses and brings him blankets, diapers and burp clothes. Sometimes she lays, leans, or hugs a little to tight... but she loves him and it's the best!

She calls him buddy :)


The heat has arrived here in Arizona. It was 97 degrees today... only a few more weeks of park days before the heat takes over and you don't want to go outside. We have come up with a few little pass the time activities for Lex. Her new favorite is soapy water buckets on the patio. She will sit out there for hours at a time... "cooking the nummies" as she calls it. Using spoons, measuring cups, and all sorts of tools to create wonderful soapy creations! 

I don't get much time alone with Lexi anymore. Nixon seems to always be in my arms and taking up lots of my attention. One day Lexi woke up from her nap before Nixon and we got to spend a whole hour together. Reading, coloring with chalk and laughing. It was the best. I miss moments with my beautiful girl. I snapped a few pics of the wonderful moment. I love her laugh more than words. I am so lucky to be this girls mama. 



Nixon is the sweetest. That's how I describe him. He is so chill and just goes with the flow. He smiles, and loves to snuggle. I find myself kissing him all day long :) just look at those blue eyes!!



Just a bit of sibling love going on.

Lexi loves playing salon with daddy. 
She spends countless minutes in front of the mirror combing her hair, her babies hair and her ponies hair. She is all girl that's for sure! 


My two clean babies covered in baby lotion. Doesn't get much better than that!!! 

I think I am finally getting the hang of having two children. I am getting brave and even attempted the grocery store alone... every day seems to get easier. I love seeing my kids interact and I hope they continue to love each other and be close!

I will end this post with yummy pictures of my handsome little man.... feel free to kiss your screen. He is pretty delicious ;)





His dimple?! Seriously. Love him!!!







2 comments:

  1. Kayla your kids are so precious! You are such a good Mom, those kids are so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the confused look on Lexi's face in that first pic. haha. Priceless!

    ReplyDelete