This is a really sad attempt to get caught up on my blog.
I was looking back through pictures and old blog posts and I am so glad I have this blog so I can have some sort of record and journal for when my kids get older. I haven't blogged in about 9 months so it would basically be impossible to do a detailed update...but I will try to do the BIG events and special moments that our family has been going through.
1st one being Nate started medical school last August. We are so happy and excited that he is on his way to becoming a doctor and finally working toward the career he has dreamed of! He is loving school and comes home with so much to tell us and try on us. Everyone is so proud of his hard work and we love watching him learn and grow! We are actually almost done with his first year! WAHOO!
Our sweet little Lainey bug was born on November 6th. She was 6 pounds 8 ounces and my labor and delivery was so wonderful and memorable. She came two weeks early and has been the perfect addition to our family. She just turned 4 months old and we are all obsessed with her sweetness and smiles. She has been my easiest baby yet! She only wakes up once a night and has been the best little nurser. Lexi and Nix had protein intolerance to my breast milk and little Lainey does not...it makes a world of difference! We are so blessed to have this baby girl in our lives!
We had our first Christmas as our own little family in our home in Arizona. It was such a new and wonderful feeling to start traditions and really rely on each other to make the holiday memorable. My kiddos were at the funnest ages and got really excited about Christmas morning and Santa!
Lainey was blessed by her daddy on December 28th! We had so many family members come and support her on her special day. Nate did a beautiful job and we are so grateful and blessed for our sweet Lainey.
February was a big birthday month for our family.
Nixon turned 2 on the 9th! He is so energetic and full of personality. He can talk your ear off and repeat anything you ask him to say. He has the best little memory and is currently obsessing over Spider-man! We had him a little Spider-Man birthday to celebrate and he loved it!
Nate turned the big 30 on the 13th! I planned a date for us to go out and celebrate but Nixon got sick and we had to cancel :( I went for plan B and got a cheesecake and candles so we could still sing to him and make it special. We enjoyed a relaxing night at home with our family.
Some random up-dates in between:
Nate- Just started his 3rd semester of Med-school and has done great so far! Loves to learn and is very dedicated. He enjoys playing soccer and soft ball during his free time with friends from school.
Kayla- getting use to having 3 kiddos. I have been enjoying my photography business and have been trying to learn some new skills.
Lexi- has been doing great in preschool and has been enjoying a fun dance class. She had her first recital a few weeks ago and starts another dance class next week.
Nixon- Loves to play outside and has gotten really good at playing sports. He is pro at shooting hoops on his basket ball hoop he got for Christmas!
Lainey- Only waking up once a night and has started to giggle out loud. Has the cutest little dimple and loves to be held and snuggled.
Small catch up on our family! I will be better at posting from now on :)
Yay blogs!
ReplyDelete