Our Christmas present from my in-laws was a family vacation to Disneyland!!
I know, I know we are SPOILED ROTTEN!!! We have been looking forward to this trip for months. I felt like I was 10 again and found myself getting super excited. I even painted my toenails for our trip :) yep that's right! A mickey mouse head was on my big toe to celebrate! Lexi is going through a Mickey and Minnie obsession right now so that made me even more excited for her to meet them. I kept telling Lex we were going to Mickey and Minnie's house. She would get a huge smile and giggle... Having kids made this vacation SO exciting!! I was living through her excitement and maybe got my hopes up a little too much :)
Nate's parents rented us the most adorable house to stay in. It was called the castle house. It was decorated in everything disney. Each room had a theme. We got to sleep in the cars room :) Lexi got to sleep on the top bunk bed and loved it. I was nervous that she might fall or try to climb down but nope, she did great! The house had a pool and toy room for the kids. It was perfect and spacious. SO fun to be all together.
WARNING: This post contains a LOT of pictures :)... and I only posted a few believe it or not!
This was taken right as we arrived in California. We were waiting for our van to come pick us up and take us to the castle house. Don't leave your sun glasses or shoes unattended or Lexi will take full advantage of them. She cracks me up!
Welcome to the family Gentry :) nothing like a big family vacation to welcome you in!
Cute newlyweds!
The castle house had a giant Mickey and Minnie stuffed animal. Lexi saw them and screamed Minnie's house!!!! She thought this is what I had been talking about all this time... she LOVED them :)
The first night in California we visited down town disney. It was fun to explore that first night and relax a bit. We stopped outside the lego store and raced these fun cars.
These two are the BEST nanny and papa in the world. They are so involved with their grandkids.
My kiddos are pretty darn lucky to have them... (and so are we!)
Day #2
DISNEYLAND!!!
We were a BIT excited :) and so ready to go to "Minnie's house"
We made it! Disneyland 2013 :)
Nixon was already asleep once we made it inside the gate. We were off to our very first ride. Peter Pan. I love that each and every ride is so detailed and so adorable. Disney is such a magical place. We are already planning a trip back... maybe daddy's spring break next year?! We will see!
Nixon was already asleep once we made it inside the gate. We were off to our very first ride. Peter Pan. I love that each and every ride is so detailed and so adorable. Disney is such a magical place. We are already planning a trip back... maybe daddy's spring break next year?! We will see!
The kiddos took lots of naps in the stroller. I was worried Lexi would get super grumpy without her usual nap schedule. Luckily she was great, Nixon was a bit harder though. He wanted to be held a lot and the heat was getting to him. So glad I decided to take my jogger. It was used ALL day long!
Cute Kaitlynn was so sweet with Lexi. She shared her cotton candy with her... and well Lexi ate pretty much the whole thing. Kaitlynn kept begging Lexi for hugs and picking her up. It was fun to have some cousins to play with!
Lexi knows all of her uncles names and has gotten pretty close to them. Cam and Lex went on It's a small world together :)
Watching the parade :)
I was so anxious to have Lexi meet Minnie. We got in line to meet her and she instantly had a grin on her face. It was the highlight of her trip. SHE LOVED HER!!! She couldn't believe Minnie was real.
She walked right up to her saying "HI MINNIE!!" and doing a silly giggle. Minnie was adorable with her, blowing kisses and giving her hugs. It was perfect!
Lexi kept touching Minnie's face. She couldn't believe it was Minnie!
Meeting Woody was a little different. Lexi wanted me to hold her when we got close. She warmed right up for the picture though and waved and waved as we walked away :)
Nixon was there too :) He just came along for the ride most days. He got sick on our trip :( so I was a bit stressed about him. He still managed to give us some pretty adorable smiles though.
Found these fun big chairs to nurse in :) I am actually getting pretty darn good at it! I did it all over Disneyland and had NO shame haha.
Love my handsome boys!
Some of the fam in front of Cars Land. It is ADORABLE and looks just like the movie. Loved the new cars ride and could spend tons of time in there. They also have an amazing frozen apple slush that is to die for. SO FUN!!
I posted this picture for Jordan :) He was so proud of himself for photo bombing our picture.
Day #3
THE BEACH
We have a pool with sand at our apartment in Arizona that Lexi loves... but her reaction to the soft warm beach sand was priceless. She layed face down in it rubbing her hands back and forth. It was cute to watch.
Nixon's first time in a swimming suit and feeling the sand between his tiny chubby toes. Too cute! He spent the rest of the time in his car seat asleep. That's about as much fun as a 3 month old can handle :)
It's amazing how strong the waves really are. We were only out a tiny bit and you really have to stand strong or they will sweep your feet right out from under you.
It's pretty much tradition to burry uncle Jordan in the sand. Here Lexi is helping :) (or just throwing sand in his face...sorry Jordan)
Some more fun in the sand :) Her cheese smile kills me!
The whole Bartholomew family at the beach! Jordan served his mission in the area and took us to an awesome frozen banana stand. It was fun for him to show us around and was a great treat to end our beach trip!
Day #4
Disney/California Adventure
This picture cracks me up. She is happy believe it or not. She was loving this misty water and pulling this silly scream face as they ran through and got wet.
Bugs Life!
My friend Becky helped me make this Belle dress for Lexi. I was really hoping to meet Belle but any of the princesses would do. I could just imagine my little princess dressed up meeting one of the princesses...I was so happy when some of our family spotted Belle. We hurried and got Lex dressed and jumped in line! Belle was the sweetest and took her time with Lexi. She talked with her and told her how pretty she looked. It was perfect! Lexi loved her and still talks about meeting Belle.
and then there is MICKEY....
or "Micka, Micka" as Lexi called him! She loved him. She was all warmed up with meeting people and ran full force with arms open. She even gave him a few kisses on the cheek!
My little munchkins asleep again :)
My beautiful princess!
Cute suckers I brought the kids (thanks Kristin for letting me steal a few of these) they were perfect for our disney trip!
aawww a dreamy pineapple whip! Delicious does not even describe it. I am already counting the days when I get to have one of these again. SO GOOD!!
YUM!
Jordan forgot his jacket so Ann brought something from the house to keep him warm... doesn't he look cute? I think it adds to his great personality! Great look for you Jordan ;)
We ended our last night in disney with a delicious churro. Something about disneyland food makes everything more fun.
We had such a fun trip and owe our in-laws BIG time!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
Well that post was huge... can't believe I left lots of fun details out. We loved our trip and are trying to get adjusted to normal life again. The month of June is a big one for us as well, full of birthday celebrations and father's day. Hope everyone is having a good time... Happy summer everyone!!





















Ok, your family is officially insanely adorable! That first picture with Lexi and stuffed Minnie kills me. So stinkin cute! Kids are too much fun :)
ReplyDeleteYou got some of the best pictures of lex! I love how excited she is over sooo many things you did! What a happy cute girl she is!!! Love, love, loved this post! It makes me SOOOO want to take my little family there next year for sure!!!! Glad you had fun together!
ReplyDeleteI LOVED reading every bit of this post! I was smiling through the whole thing and could feel Lexi's excitement through the pictures!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad she got to meet Belle (LOVE those pictures) and her favorite Mickey and Minnie! I want to take my kiddos.
That is great how well your kids did too without their usual schedule. Such good little ones!
It was so fun catching up on your trip to Disneyland! Your kids are so adorable. I could stare at their eyes for hours! So cute! And, you are such a babe in all those photos especially after hearing the crazy ER visit with Nixon, you still look awesome in all of the pics
ReplyDeleteWhat great pictures you guys got! I loved all of them, Lexi is the cutest thing ever- she is too precious with all her adorable faces when she met all the characters! Which beach did you go to? You mentioned a banana stand- and the best one we've ever been to was in Newport on Balboa island...curious if it's the same one :)
ReplyDelete