Finding Joy In the Journey...

Finding joy in the journey!

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Arizona Living :)


We made it!

Thanks to Nate's WONDERFUL family.
(and mine for help load the moving truck)
I can't thank you all enough for helping us move.
Loading, cleaning, painting, driving and driving, unloading, cleaning and MUCH MORE!
We love you and could have NEVER done it without you!!!

I couldn't find my camera card for a few days in all of the moving...so I didn't get any pics of the actual move :(
But don't worry this post is large and still has plenty of pictures!

I can't believe it has already been over a week since we arrived in Arizona.
This past week seems more like one really long day.
I am happy that the boxes are gone and we are finally starting to settle in.

We really love it here and can see us enjoying the next few years here in Glendale.

When we drove up to our complex after 12 hours of travel the temperature said 106 degree's! 
I was in shock. 
I took a picture of the thermometer just for evidence that I did survive through the heat. I didn't know what that kind of heat would feel like. The moment we got out of the car I was telling Nate how it felt like our skin was melting...
hahaha

Much to my surprise a few days later the thermometer read 118 degree's.
Silly me for thinking 106 was hot!


We are slowly getting use to the heat.
 Swimming, popsicle's and hitting up the splash pads are daily activities around here.

I think we are finally starting to set up a schedule and get our normal life back.
Lexi is taking naps again and sleeping through the night :) thank goodness!

It's a whole new world for this little girly.
Not only is she in a new environment but she can eat whatever she wants :)
Before we moved she got the all clear from her doctor to eat everything!
I can't even tell you how happy this made us all.
No more allergies, sickness or worry.
My baby can eat... and she does...all. day. long!

Ice cream is one of her favorite treats :)

Why lick the ice cream cone when you can stick your fingers in it and then lick it off your fingers?

Alexis is big. She is such a little helper and makes us smile everyday.
She is such a happy little thing.

She loves me.
Nate and I play a game with her.
We stand her up across the room and both stand on opposite ends.
We then tell her to come to us and see who she chooses.
This particular time I said...
"Lexi come to mama I will give you a sucker if you come to me!!"
Her head turned and she came running!
I didn't think she understood what I said...but I think she did.
She will always get a sucker if she chooses me :)

It was the highlight of her day :)


 Fake laughing is one of her special skills lately :)

Pool days...we have had lots of them. Pretty much everyday since we have been here.
Keeping cool in this heat is VERY important.






Evening walks around our complex have become a fun little outing.
It helps that the complex is really beautiful.

The ducks have become best little friends with Alexis.
They come right up to her and eat the bread right out of her hand.
When we would hand pieces of bread to her she would eat a few pieces before sharing with the ducks :) silly girl.




We are so lucky to have some family close to us.
Nate's aunt and cousins live about 45 min away from us.
They invited us over for a fun pool day.
Lexi was in heaven with all of the kiddos and had fun swimming in the pool.



These 3 sat on the edge and kicked for a good 10 min. All giggles. 

Sweet Addison was so good to Lexi :)

We are having fun.
We love our new place and are going on new adventures every day.
We are enjoying the time that Nate gets to be with us.
We know this will change very quickly and we will hardly see him :(
It is okay though because we are SO excited to start this next step.

School is good.
Nate is ready to start.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FAMILY FOR EVERYTHING!!!!
We love you all.
We miss you all.
COME VISIT SOON :)



3 comments:

  1. Kayla,

    So glad to see you made it safe and that all is well with your little family. Spencer and I just got news that our friends from Utah just got accepted to Midwestern as well a few days ago. The hubby left to go to school but left his wife to pick up the pieces and move down in a few weeks. Can I get give her your info so that she can contact you with questions about the area? I know you just got there, but she didn't even go down for the interview so she is trying to hurry and find a place to live asap. I thought maybe you could be some help? Email me at hydefamily2008 at gmail dot com if you don't mind and I will pass her the info. You two would make great friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your big move! What an exciting change! Our friends, Evan and Lara Ricks live down there. Evan is going to PT school at Midwestern. I love how you can find connections wherever you end up! Good luck to Nate as he begins med school! (And good luck to you too!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, 118! So Lexi's fake laugh looks like its extremely adorable. You're place looks awesome and I love the pond, fountain, and ducks. I'm sad that we didn't get together before you left. Such is the life for two busy moms. Take care in that heat! When we're sick of winter we know who we'll be visiting!

    ReplyDelete